Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 19: days of finalisations, goodbyes and vacation start

The last day already. Yesterday evening we had team dinner and we all pretty tired, hence quiet. Many appetizers appeared, and we know that now so skipped a lot of these already as dinner was supposed to be served one hour later. We talked a bit, shared somereflections, and then to bed. No more workouts for me at the gym from now on

Friday, 3 out of the 5 teams had to work. So do we.

First packing the bags, then up to the 7th floor for a last time. We still have to try to complete our deliverables A1 and A2 (critical mass and where to get funding), B3 we already had to skip due to lack of time (B3 is reviewing the 165 page document Sundara gave us at the end of week 1). In contrast of these items not being ready, we worked on two additional items this past week and a half as these requests came in from Sundara. In the end, he seems happy with the things we did, even though it many times appeared to be “yesterdays newspaper” … I started to call items we brought up and of which he immediately said he already tried that “yesterdays newspaper” as our creativity seemed to be old news to him. He laughed when I was saying that again and again … it definitely reduced the tension a bit regarding the high expectations, the lengthy list of deliverables we had to work on and the pressure that was being built between the 3 of us due to communication mismatches. Michel and I were more tired than before, so we endlessly had to try to understand eachother. Also, where I had to let go in the beginning due to man-woman understanding in India, I wanted to deliver and make my points as well. By now, Sundara seemed to better accept my contributions, so I wanted them to be in.

Lunch in one of the places nearby…. And the food was too spicy for me. I only could complete half the fish dish that they cook so nicely. Sadly enough, now I have to stay hungry the afternoon.

Then, in the evening we had to get ready for the airport. Stefan and I were completing some logistics regarding our Kerala tour package. I decided in the last half hour to stay in a beachresort near Kochin after Stefans return to Hyderabad on Saturday the 27th. So that day we can relax there and I will return to Hyderabad airpot on Monday the 29th to return home end of morning 30st. And then the goodbyes in the lobby. We will meet some again in Delhi, but some are returning home now. Stefan, Jinjun and myself are off to Jaipur for our Jaipur-Agra-Delhi trip. Upon arrival we learned it is a small militairy airport where no pictures can be taken –also no “welcome” sign-. Off to the hotel, and the taxi driver had to call the hotel to ask for the route twice. That whereas the guy just befor

e offered his services for both Saturday and Sunday telling us that he knows the routes and the places to visit. The hotel is a basic hotel in a dead-end street. The painting however are beautiful: on the walls ant the circle on the ceiling in my bedroom.

The bathroom reminds me to some places I visited when being a student. The mattress is almost like a rock … luckily this only is for two days :-)

PS: the hotel does have wireless though ....

No comments:

Post a Comment